The US Women’s Caucus is an alliance of US feminists and non-governmental organizations engaged in joint advocacy at the United Nations Commission on the Status of Women.
- We research issues of vital interest to women
- We exchange information on women’s issues
- We promote the principle of the women’s human rights agenda in:
- CEDAW- ( UN Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination Against Women )
- Beijing Platform for Action
- We advocate for greater gender equality at home and abroad with the
US Congress, White House, State Department
US Mission to the UN.
- Through this collaboration, we all have a larger, louder, stronger voice together by leveraging our collective knowledge and capabilities.
Standing with the Women of the World
We deplore the erosion of women’s human rights and gender equity in recent years . Today, millions of women and girls around the world are denied the most basic human rights such as access to education, equal pay at work freedom to control their own reproductive choices.
We recognize that many women and girls face extraordinary challenges due to their race, ethnicity, age, income level, religion, disabilities, sexual and gender identity, marital status, geographical location, and climate change.
We stand in solidarity with those facing injustice everywhere, and we are committed to a just world where every person’s human rights are affirmed, recognized, and respected.